A colonoscopy is a procedure that men need to have performed on a regular basis. It is used to make a diagnosis of colon cancer. Men who get the procedure on a regular basis have a better survival rate than men who do not. There are many other facts that you should know about the procedure. Some of the facts are listed below.
· Colon cancer is the 2nd leading cause of cancer death in both men and women. It is more common in men than it is in women.
· It is the 2rd most common cancer in men.
· You can ask if there is a colonoscopy doctor near me summit nj and find it through online reviews and resources, from your insurance company, word of mouth, and more.
· Most people who are diagnosed with colon cancer receive the diagnosis at age 46 or older.
· It is recommended that this screening be performed once every five years.
· A doctor needs about six minute with a patient to help him understand this condition.
· Colon cancer is treatable.
· It is just a misconception that a colonoscopy hurts. Although some people do report mild discomfort, it is not painful at all.
· The entire procedure only takes about 15 minute to complete. You are awake during the procedure, which some people did not realize.
Cancer is no laughing matter as anyone can tell you who has experienced it in any form in their life. If you want to maintain your good health for a long time to come, schedule an appointment with the doctor to get this procedure performed. It is better to be safe than to be sorry because once you are diagnosed, the treatment to save your life must begin. Use these tips and make sure you protect your health.